rae motter

Our Stations

Heytesbury Cattle Co. runs six stations spanning two-and-a-half million hectares across the Northern Territory and the eastern Kimberley region of WA. Among these is the famed Victoria River Downs, which was established in 1883 and was at one time the largest cattle station in the world. Known historically as “The Big Run”, it is now run as four standalone stations: VRD, Moolooloo, Pigeon Hole and Mount Sanford.

Other stations include Birrindudu / Wallamunga (colourful cattle identity Peter Sherwin’s original station) in the NT, and Flora Valley / Nicholson / Gordon Downs (once Lord Vestey’s pastoral headquarters) in the Kimberley.